Friday, September 11, 2009

On the responses to story of stuff

These three articles certainly drew certain contrats. The Foundry's presentation of their opinion on Leonard's viewpoints as being nothing but left wing propeganda made me not want to finish their article. Regardless of my political leanings, I view literature with no respect for the thoughts of others as being rude and dishonourable to the respect of being a writer.
Steve Cohen's article on the other hand, proved to be everything The Foundry wasn't, respectful, informative, and useful in understanding where the drawbacks in Leonard's arguments lay.
This as result has helped me learn on what I should aim for when I critique articles myself.
As far as I'm concerned, there was less of an argument and more of an example of proper criticism and unscholarly blogger anger. Now I know the difference. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment