Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Lorax

After tossing the seed, the Once-ler looked down
And was surprised to see the boy wearing a frown
What are you waiting for? The Once-ler said
If you wait any longer, the seed might be dead!
But the boy kept frowning, his eyes pleading for help
“But Mr. Once-ler, I can’t do this by myself.”
The seed I can plant, but what of the dirt?
If it is not healthy, this tree will be hurt
And what if the clouds don’t ever bring rain
If there is no water, this tree will feel pain
And if I bring water, what if its bad?
With poisons or smog, it will make the tree sad
And what if the temperature gets to be hot?
If there is no shade, grow, this tree will not
What about other people who want to make thneeds?
From them, how can I possibly protect this seed?
So, Mr. Once-ler, as you can see
This is surely to big a task for only just me
Well, then I shall help you, the Once-ler replied
The boy looked happy but then sat down and sighed
I’m afraid that this task is too big for us two
What we need is for everyone to help and come through
When we unite all our voices, and let the world know
Then we can stop the things that won’t let this plant grow
We can stop the people who will chop down our trees
For you see, Mr. Once-ler, its more than just planting some seeds
If we change what was wrong when the Lorax was first here
The Truffala trees may be back in a few years
So join me and we’ll travel across the land
Searching for people, telling our plan
So that one day the Lorax may return and can see
That nature grows again, wild and free

No comments:

Post a Comment